Saturday, August 8, 2009

Reviewer spotlight

Juji
So here's the deal, I like movies. They can be fun, scary, entertaining, and exciting all at the same time. Here's the issue: They can also be boring and awful. I am NOT one of those people who just thinks movies are to be enjoyed for "entertainment value." What does that even mean? No, I expect more from my movies. That's why I consider myself an amateur critic.

No matter what genre of movie your watching, there are some things to look for that can tell you if it's a good movie or not. Acting, plot, believability, dialogue, character development...ect. It goes on an on. However, some genres can be weak in some of these categories and still be considered good in my book. For example: in some comedies, a story may be somewhat unbelievable and still be okay. You wouldn't fall for those awful costumes in White Chicks, but that movie is nonetheless hilarious.

The point is, for me to like a movie, it has to make sense, have a great story, and be told well. For this reason, you may notice that I don't really like action movies all that much. Especially when summertime comes around and all the big production companies start churning out their usual blockbuster disasters, which are generally lapped up by the public. I'm more into thrillers, dramas, suspense, and comedies.

So enjoy my movie reviews. If you disagree with any of my reviews, great. I like to hear others opinions, and then quickly explain why they're wrong. :) The end

Favorite movies: Slumdog Millionaire, Misery, Changeling, Best in Show, Clue, Gran Torino.

No comments: