Thursday, November 5, 2009

Burn after reading

c...or watching. Look, I'm just going to cut to the chase on this one. This movie is terrible. Awful. Pointless. I should at least attempt to explain the plot to you, but I honestly can't...not in less that 10,000 words. It's a convoluted mess. I can definitely tell that the directors (who have had success with other movies, No Country for Old Men) think they are much smarter than I think they are. The plot goes round and round, all to end up with a big nothing. I kept thinking, "okay, this movie is all over the place....but just maybe, by the end, they are going to surprise me with a big twist that explains everything." Nope. Nada. The crazy thing is, most film critics gave it good reviews. Even one of my favorites, Ebert. If you don't want to believe me, fine, watch this movie, and waste a hour and a half of your life. By the way, can someone please tell my why Brad Pitt is an actor? He is actually quite awful. I'm really drawing a blank, can someone tell me the last time he played an interesting or believable character in a decent movie? [Note: Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Benjamin Button are coming to my mind now and those DO NOT fit under the categories I just listed] Anyways, avoid this stinker at all costs. The end.


D+

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

fight club?

Juji said...

haven't seen it. I've always thought about seeing it, but then I just watch something that looks better. Oh, also, nobody mention Snatch. I have seen that and IT is terrible.

Anonymous said...

who the f is that anonymous!?

Juji said...

I don't know!!! I thought it was you. But since it isn't I'll say this: I've read about fight club. It's not a good movie. It's official, Brad Pitt IS not in any good movie.