Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Complicated

Oh, it most certainly is. Hi.....yikes. Okay, where to begin? First off, this is definitely not a movie I would normally watch. But, since Meryl is in it, I decided it might be worth our time. Oh dear....

Meryl Streep plays Alec Baldwins ex wife. The premise of the movie is this: 10 years after getting a divorce, Alec is re-married and Meryl is still single. After they see each other for their sons college graduation, they end up having an affair with each other. It all becomes a jumbled mess after that. It was previewed as a comedy, but it really wasn't that funny. Don't get me wrong, Meryl was excellent in it (she always is and I would never say anything bad about her), but still, this movie was ALLLLL wrong. And no offense to my older readers, but It just creeps me out to see old people flirting with each other. Nothing is more fun to watch than Alec Baldwins hairy chest/man boobs.
........................................
excuse me while I clean up the vomit off my computer.
Anyways, this is one of the only times I'll tell you to miss a Meryl Streep movie. Pass.


D+

3 comments:

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

i appreciate your honesty. it's nice to read a review that you can imagine is actually someone's personal opinion, and not pandering.

i liked this movie a bit more than you did, but it wasn't great. i was totally irritated by meryl's character's fervent desire to upgrade her already stunning home. srsly? you already HAVE everything. BE HAPPY, dang it.

anyway. digging your review blog. ;)

yourstrulydear said...

thanks, dear! my husband wrote this post. he's funny. but we have the same movie tastes so it counts for both of us. but yeah that bugged me too! she's like "so i can get the kitchen i've always dreamed of" and i'm like what the heck your kitchen is humongous and super fancy!!! ugh.

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

haha, totally. i'll take your cast off home any day, meryl. GEEZ. :P