Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hancock


So I finally watched Hancock, the movie that got a lot of publicity last year, but never really got me that interested. Okay, here's the deal (and try not to turn on me)....I didn't get it. I know, I know, it had Will Smith in it, and don't get me wrong, I love his work.....but not this one.
The problem is, the movie really doesn't have a point. The whole time I was trying to decide exactly what they wanted me to get out of it. Hancock is a super hero, who apparently everybody in the world hates b/c he is so lazy and rude. He acts this way (I think) b/c he's mad that he's the only super hero in the world....or something like that. Spoiled brat anyone?
Anyways, he meets people, things happen, he fights incredibly pathetic bad guys who aren't scary or threatening at all. Think annoying jail thugs.
Things happen that are supposed to make us feel sorry for him, even though they aren't really sad. Weak story, okay acting, lame action.... Annnyways, I can't go on anymore. Major dud. The end.

C-

No comments: